Sunday 23 August 2015

Today in 12 months...

It is 12 months to the day that myself and my team will be in the UK and be ready to swim the channel.  The 24 months of training will be completed and my body and mind will be in a condition to swim the 34km. We now have flight dates, accommodation selected, and most importantly a team and lots of support people and swimmers around me.

Over the last 12 months i have completed every one of the swimming goals that i set last year.  With nearly 6 weeks out because of the flu I still managed to completed the fitness foundation set at 1050km and successful swum well past the qualifying times and required water temperatures. This foundation will now be what we build upon to ensure the maximum chance of success.



Its been well over a week since i have had a swim and its still another few weeks before i get back into the pool. I have enjoyed the time off but swimming and whats ahead over the next 12 months is never far from my mind...i am rather excited about getting into it but now is the time to rest.